Come work with us!
We love helping students succeed. If you are a dedicated educator who shares our values, please submit your cover letter and résumé. If your skills match what we are looking for, we will contact you!
Part-Time / Full-Time Tutoring Positions
Marks Education (www.markseducation.com), an industry-leading admissions counseling, tutoring, and test preparation firm with offices in Bethesda and McLean, is looking for a three-quarter time or full-time top-notch test preparation and subject tutor. Our team members are some of the best instructors in the test preparation industry, who help clients achieve test preparation results that are four to six times published industry averages. Each instructor receives about 150 hours of initial training with our proprietary materials and strategies and about 100 hours of annual training. We work with a diverse student population, which includes students from multiple socio-economic groups. We are currently looking for a tutor to work mainly out of our McLean VA office.
• Excellent test taker: Candidates will be required to take part of a standardized test to demonstrate top-notch test-taking skills. Our tutors are also required to take the actual SAT, ACT and other standardized tests once each year.
• Strong work ethic: We are hardworking professionals who go the extra mile.
• Enthusiastic and engaged: The right candidate would enjoy working with students of all ages, and this enthusiasm must be evident.
• Tutoring or teaching experience: We require at least six months of prior teaching or tutoring experience.
• Eager to Learn and Grow our Practice: We are looking for a person who is eager to take on new learning opportunities and who is eager to grow our business through word of mouth referrals.
• Desire to work with low-income students: Each Marks Education employee enjoys providing services to low-income or first-generation students, including Collegiate Directions, Inc. (CDI) Scholars (www.collegiatedirections.org), whom we support in getting to and through four year selective colleges.
We offer a generous salary commensurate with experience, and comprehensive benefits including healthcare, 401K, and parking and cell phone reimbursement. Tutors enjoy flexibility in scheduling their hours, but work one weekend day and several weekday evenings. Every tutor also contributes to developing our rich bank of proprietary materials.
We ask that you only apply if you are honestly able to commit to a two-year period of employment.
Interested candidates please email resume and cover letter.