Come work with us!
We love helping students succeed. If you are a dedicated educator who shares our values, please submit your cover letter and résumé. If your skills match what we are looking for, we will contact you!
Marks Education seeks a full-time counselor to work as part of a team offering college and educational counseling to students preparing for pre-high school, high school, college transfer, and graduate admissions.
Marks Education works with students and families from around the country and the world, via in-person meetings, telephone, Skype, and email. We work with students and parents to promote informed, strategic thinking, to identify and make the most of all available options, and to strike the right balance between optimistic and realistic choices in the search for best-fit opportunities. Full details about our team and approach can be found at www.markseducation.com.
- Advise and effectively support students and parents through each phase of the college process, from academic and extracurricular planning to essay and application work.
- Perform research and stay abreast of admissions-related issues and trends.
- Liaise with tutoring and test prep division in development of testing and academic support plans.
- Provide occasional pro bono services to Collegiate Directions, Inc., a not-for-profit program whose mission is to identify and support gifted, low-income, first-generation-to-college students and to help them plan for, apply to, attend, and graduate from a selective, four-year college.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A./B.S., or advanced degree.
- 3-5 years of selective college/graduate admission/advising, teaching, school counseling/admission, or related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness both to take the initiative and work with a dynamic team.
- Knowledge of local area high schools a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Salary is commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits. Start date is Winter/Spring 2017. This position is based in Bethesda, Maryland, but a successful candidate must also be willing to travel to our McLean, Virginia office for client meetings.
Applicants should email a cover letter and résumé to Shivani K. Sutton at References should be available upon request.